Virtual Action Mesothelioma Day 2020
The national virtual event included a mix of patient stories and clinical expert presentations, with the observation of a minutes’ silence at 11am.
You can watch the Virtual AMD event on Facebook or YouTube.
Please do support the various charities involved in AMD – they need your support now more than ever.
Order of Events (10:40-12:00)
|Dawn McKinley, Chair of UK Mesothelioma Alliance
|A minute of silence
|Sarah Morgan, Mesothelioma Clinical Nurse Specialist
|Professor Sanjay Popat, Consultant Thoracic Medical Oncologist at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Professor of Thoracic Oncology at the Institute of Cancer Research.
|David Gold, Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Vice-President
|Thanks and close
Images for social media
We have created these images to enable anyone who is organising an event for Virtual Action Mesothelioma Day 2020 to promote what they are doing as being part of the national occasion. Feel free to download and use these images.
You can also use the main Virtual Action Mesothelioma Day 2020 logo above.
Organisations all over the country held their own Action Mesothelioma Day 2020 events and commemorations.
- Anglia Asbestos Diseases Support Group in East of England
- DAST (East Midlands Wide Asbestos Support)
- Greater Manchester Asbestos Victims Support Group (GMAVSG)
- HASAG Asbestos Disease Support Group
- June Hancock Mesothelioma Research Fund
- London Asbestos Support
- Merseyside Asbestos Victims Support
- Mesothelioma UK
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma Virtual Support Group
- Readley, based in the North East